'I Used To Love Her' Part II

3years later.
**I’m on tonight/you know my hips don't lie/**
“hello?”
“hey!”
“who’s this?”
“ah-ah! You don forget now now??”
“Excuse me?? I don't think YOU called MY phone to play 20 questions? So who’s this??”
“You neva change!.....f.i.r.e.c.a.t...”
“oooooooh!!! Osa???!! Oh my goodness!! How you dey?????!!!”
“Now you’re talking!!! That's more like the reaction I expected, silly girl...” deep familiar laugh ”how’ve you been babygirl?”
“I’ve been real good!! Its SOOOOOOOOOO good to hear from you!! I hear say you don marry!”
“Nah babe, not married yet, about to though”
“Lucy I hope? Cos that girl don suffer for your hand no be small tin!”
“Yeye girl” deep laugh again “na Lucy o, shebi I tell you say na she be my number one”
“yeah yeah...you get luck, or else her papa for find you then feed you your balls with fries”
He laughed a rumbling belly laugh for a moment “Yes o! I no fit take ex-governor pikin play”
“So bruv, you in town? E don tey! It’s been a while! We need to catch up seriously, I have MAJOR gist for you!”
“F.i.re.c.a.t!! You haven't changed! No wahala. I’m going to be at yours later to see mum & dad to give them their IV to the wedding personally. I just flew in from Abuja, still at the airport actually. I’ll call you after I’ve located the driver ok?”
“Big BOI!! Na driver levels we dey now??” Tana teased laughing “No wahala. Holla at your girl when you’re settled. Its good to hear from you...for real...”
“I’ve missed you fire cat...I’ll call you in a few ok?”
“Aiight, laters”
**click**
*************************************************************************************
Osa came by the house like he’d said.
As he laughed and talked with her mum & dad, Tana looked him over discreetly.
He had become an even more delicious man.
Abuja really agreed with him. He had gone into business for himself, using his father-in-law-to-be’s connections to make his own.
He was making some real good money too.
He smelt of and looked like good money.
But he was still the same Osa; joking and teasing Tana to within an inch of her life when they were finally alone together.
Tana herself had become a most desirable young woman...she’d just finished uni and was waiting to be called up for NYSC.
She had lost all her puppy fat...except where it mattered...in her hips, breasts, thighs...ass...
Osa could barely take his eyes off her.
“Ah-ah! This babe! You wan kill pesin??? How am I supposed to take you anywhere?? Looking like THAT??!” he teased her
Tana laughed and playfully swatted his arm “You no well...you better hook me up with one of your hot boys o! I’m marriage material now...” she smirked
Osa grunted “Who? Those foolish boys I call friends? No way! We’ll find you a nice young ex-priest who just dropped out of the seminary!”
Tana doubled up laughing “Abeg! No kill me with laugh!”
It was like no time had passed as they caught up on each other’s lives.
After dinner, Osa said goodbye to her parents and Tana walked him to his car.
“I’m going back to Abuja on Sunday evening; I only came to hand deliver mum & dad’s & a few other IVs”
“No wahala” Tana replied linking her arm in his as they walked, she leaned in and sniffed at his jacket encased arm “mmmm...you smell real good”
Osa smiled amused “you mean you still go around smelling people??”
Tana laughed and pushed him away “go joo...”
He opened the car door and turned to her before he got in “let’s hang out properly tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at 4pm?”
“Nice one! I’ll ask mum. I’m sure she’ll be cool. But let your 4 be 4 mister!”
Osa laughed and hugged her “I’ve missed you...” his voice rumbled through her
“I’ve missed you too” she whispered in his ear as she stood on tip-toe “brother
Osa pulled back and eyed her strangely “I’ll call you”
Tana waved and smiled as he drove out of the yard.

***************************************************************************************

**I’m on tonight/you know my hips don't lie/**
“4 o’ clock my black ass! Mmsssssssssccchhheeewww!!! I knew you’d be late”
“Whatever. I’m here now so get your ‘black ass’ downstairs” click
Tana looked herself over in the mirror one last time.
Jeans. Pumps. Simple wing-sleeved blouse.
Lip gloss. Hair.
Check, check, check, check & check.
Oh wait wait!
Paul Smith ‘ Floral’, behind the ears, wrists, décolletage...smile.

**Whistle** “Whoa! Fire cat! Looking GOOD babe! You mean it when you say you’re marriage ready huh? If you no h-a-m-m-e-r tonight eh!”
Tana laughed as she entered the car “lemme alone...this is how I look when I get out of bed mehn!”
Osa threw his head back and laughed “ok mah, whatever you say” he pulled out onto the road.
“So where’re we going?” She asked as she reached for the visor
“Look, this girl, leave that mirror alone! I’m sure you’ve looked in the mirror at home like a hundred times already! Sheesh!”
“Wurrever mehn...where are we going?”
“We’re meeting some of my friends for dinner at La Caché...”
“On the mainland?”
“Yup”
“ok good. They have nice food. I’m hungry” Tana gave her glossy lips a last once-over in the mirror Osa glanced at her amused “Some things never change”
She stuck her tongue out at him.

They had a nice time.
Dinner was delicious. The company was great.
They laughed a lot as they talked about the things they couldn’t in front of anyone at home, unintentionally excluding their friends after some time as they fell back in to their familiar banter...their familiar closeness.
Hours went by and all of a sudden the place became a night spot as it went from bar/lounge to an after dinner/dance spot. They decided to hang a little while longer.
Tana called home to tell her mum that she’d be staying over at Nnenna’s place seeing as she was going to be out late on the mainland. There was NO way she was going to let Osa drive her back to the Island that late!
Osa also spoke to her mum to reassure her and let her know he’d definitely be dropping Tana off at her friend’s.
Tana called Nnenna to set it up.
“Get off the phone and dance with me! I love this song!”
“Ok ok, I’ll give you the gist when we see. Keep your phone close by o!” click “I love this song too! I hope you can really move o! No old man steps, don't embarrass me”
Osa’s jaw dropped “look at this small girl! C’mere lemme show you how it’s done” as he pulled Tana to the floor.
He moved. Tana moved.
He moved closer. She moved back.
She smiled. He had moves, she’d give him that.
He took her hands and spun her around once, pulling her into him so she had to hold onto his arms.
He put one hand on her hip with the other in the small of her back so she had to move in time with him, mould with him to the music.
Tana was breathless “how did THAT happen??” she thought to herself “Oh...but he smelled so damn good...mmmmm....”He dipped his head to the side of her face and nuzzled her cheek...her eyes fluttered closed...her head fell back a little...
His lips brushed her cheek...the side of her mouth...her cheek...her ear....
“I’ve wanted you for a long long time Tana...” he growled
Her mouth opened on a gasp and she wrapped her arms around his neck as her knees went weak.
“Which kain ‘cousin’ una be?” one of Osa’s friends shouted at them over the music, breaking the moment “abeg comot make I dance with the lady!” as he cut in
Osa laughed and let Tana go...albeit reluctantly...and went back to the table where he quickly downed his drink and ordered another.
Tana tried to concentrate on making small talk with Osa’s friend but her body and mind were humming with confusion...desire...and anxiety.
“He’s like my BROTHER!”She didn't dance with him again that night.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Pick up your phone! Stupid girl!” Tana muttered angrily into her phone.
Osa stifled a yawn, “she’s still not answering?”
“I’m sure the stupid girl’s fast asleep! I TOLD her to keep her phone close by!”
“hey hey...calm down...no biggie...you’ll just come back to mine and I’ll take you home in the morning ok? I’m really tired; it’s been a long day.”
Tana bit her lip. “Ok...I guess”
“That’s settled then” Osa pulled out of the restaurant parking lot “You need to change these your fake ass friends honestly”
Tana eyed him and hissed.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

“Take” Osa threw a djallabia to her “you can sleep in that”
“Thanks” Tana said as Osa left the room for her to get changed.
She changed quickly and got under the duvet and waited for him to come back in.
She waited.
She tip toed to the door pulling it open a little

“Nah, I’m just going to bed in a minute...How u dey?...Mhm...Ah-ah! Why??...That man is an ass! I told him...no I did...mhm?...Yes now! Last week...yeah?”

...Oh...
He was on the phone...most likely to Lucy...
Tana got back in to bed and eventually fell fast asleep as the wine she’d had kicked in.
She stirred a little when she felt the bed shift under Osa’s weight as he finally came to bed.
“Tana. Tana. Move over and stop hogging all the duvet joo” he whispered to her.
She grunted and moved...by a fraction of an inch.
Osa rolled his eyes and got in using his body to move her over.
She moved a lot more this time, giving him a wide berth as she woke up a little more.
He settled in and turned over to the other side to sleep. Tana fell back asleep.

She woke up in the middle of the night to warm arms around her.
Osa at some point had pulled her into him and cuddled her so they were spooning.
She turned carefully to look at him. His face...familiar as he slept.
His lips...full...
His eyelashes long and curly casting shadows on his cheeks...
His features softened by sleep...
His breath smelled like cognac and mints...he always brushed his teeth at night no matter what.
She stroked his face...he didn't stir.
She looked at him...hesitated...then leaned in and kissed him softly on his mouth...he still didn't move.
She got a little bolder and kissed him again, this time taking his lower lip into her mouth.
He opened his eyes. He looked at her for a long minute.
Then he pulled her roughly to him and kissed her hard.
He ran his hands over her legs to the hem of the djallabia and pushed it up so he made contact with her soft bare skin, stroking his way up towards her hips.
As he ran her his hands over her hips and butt, he groaned into her mouth as he realised she had taken off her panties.
He pulled away and growled “you have no idea how long I’ve wanted you...needed you...loved” Tana cut him off by kissing him and pulling him over her wrapping her legs around his waist.
She could feel his hardness poking her through his pyjamas bottoms.
He knelt up and pulled her up, so he could take off her djallabia.
He looked at her body in the dim light...at her curves...at the glistening of both her lips and then he dipped his head and kissed her deeply on one set as the other opened on a moan.
**************************************************************************************

As Osa drove Tana home early the next morning, they sat in silence.
Tana had the window down so the cool morning air hit her face as they crossed the 3rd Mainland Bridge...she shuddered with pleasure as memories of the night before flashed through her mind...she smiled to herself...
Osa kept glancing at her...obviously wondering what she was smiling at...
She wished she could freeze this moment...put off what was coming
Shit...
Tana bit her lip.
This was insane!
She sighed.
He looked at her sharply. She smiled to reassure him, but looked quickly away so he didn't seize the moment to speak.
She needed to work up her nerve.
It had to be done.

6.46am

They stood at the front door. Tana raised her arm to ring the bell but Osa stopped her.
“Wait” He pulled her close.
“Tana” he looked intently into her eyes “talk to me. What are you thinking?”
She smiled at him, gently extricating herself from his arms. Here we go she thought.
“Tell you what Osa?”
“Tell me something! ANYTHING! Tell me how you feel!!...Tana: I love you! I’ve loved you since you were 15!”
He held her upper arms tightly his face inches away from hers, searching her eyes - breathing hard after his outburst...
“So?”
He dropped his hands shocked...stepped back “What the fuck??” he lowered his voice whispering fiercely “’So’?? What d’u mean ‘so’?? I tell you I love you and all you have for me is ‘so??”
Tana put her hands on her hips and leaned close to him, eyes flashing
“I mean so-fuck-what Osa? you selfish ass!” she eyed him “You love me abi?? Now? So I’m supposed to burst into song and dance or what?? So now we had great sex. And then? You ALWAYS had my number. ALWAYS knew exactly where I was! And what happened to ALL the time before now??” she made a circle in the air with her index finger “Look, you’re married in less than a month and I’m not about to ask you to change that. Not that you’d want to...knowing you...or would you really leave Lucy after 8 friggin’ years??”
Osa went quiet, his jaw working.
Tana smiled sardonically “I didn't think so. ‘She’s always your number one’ right? And then so what would happen next? What would I become? Your ‘bit on the side’? Your ‘mistress’?? she spat "That would certainly be funny” she laughed bitterly “to go from being sister to mistress...but I guess that’s how you see me”
He started to reply her but she cut him off.
Her voice turned hard as she put her hands on her hips and stopped smiling “but NO Osa, I do not see myself THAT way! So I will NOT be that to you” she spat “so let it go. It was what it was. It happened. It was good. Leave it there.”
Osa looked at her for a long minute...then smiled sadly and strangely, a little proudly...”fire cat...” he reached for her.
Tana sighed, ringing the doorbell as she stepped out of his reach. Almost immediately Tobe opened the door, a plate heaped with yam & egg sauce in his hand, his cheeks bulging.
She brushed past him, going up the stairs without a word.
“What’s wrong with her?” she heard Tobe ask
“Nothing...you know how she can be. See your plate this guy! I’m hungry, hope there’s still yam o” they started to laugh and talk as they headed for the kitchen.

How funny she thought to herself as she changed out of her clothes, his scent everywhere and nowhere all over her...
She sat heavily on her bed, allowing the sadness to finally wash over her...

“...He’d taught her to be smart with her body and her heart...”
...in one night she’d had her first orgasm and lost her first love.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this Great Maxxy! keep it up...cant wait to read more!

Fabulo-la said...

So? I like that answer. Very appropriate.I hope she dsnt become a sucker sha.

Aee Bonrue said...

More, More Makxxy!

Anonymous said...

Great story. You write very well. I was really drawn in. Real and sensual without being tacky.

Anonymous said...

Nice story... one thing bothered me tho. aren't they cousins? isn't that like incest?

oh well, it's fiction sha.

Trendy Cause! said...

Love it!